Thursday, November 20, 2008

Plant/Flower Toxicity

Recently one of my networking members from Talega, San Clemente called me worried about his cat. He was lethargic and had fasciculations. With no poisons around and the cat in good health I quickly asked if the cat could have been chewing on cut flowers or a plant. Turns out the cat had been chewing on some new flowers on the table. Fortunately the cat ended up getting through the process without having to visit the Vet, but many times it is necessary to make a visit. There is a long list of plants and flowers that are toxic to pets. You can visit the internet or local book store to find a comprehensive list. Here is a site that is a good starting point. Good luck and hope this helps. Mike